the annual scientific conference POLYSLAV XXI will be held from 11th to 13th September 2017, and will be hosted by the Faculty of Philosophy of University of Novi Sad (www.ff.uns.ac.rs), Department of Slovak language and literature (Novi Sad, Serbia).
The deadline for applications is May 20, 2017. To apply, please fill in the application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) If applying for the first time, please send us an abstract of your presentation on any linguistic topic (not more than 200 words, bibliography not included).
2) Priority will be given to papers which address Slavic languages usually underrepresented in the conference.
3) Notification of acceptance will be sent to all participants via e-mail no later than June 5, 2017.
4) The conference fee:
-70 € for Polyslav members;
- 100 € for the first-time applicants.
The fee is to be paid either via bank transfer or cash at the reception of the conference. Please find bank account details below. The conference fee does not cover accommodation nor alimentation.
5) The papers which have been approved by two reviewers in the double-blind peer review procedure will be published, presumably in Beiträge der Europäischen Slavistischen Linguistik (Polyslav), (series: Die Welt der Slaven. Sammelbände). Only original, previously unpublished papers are eligible.
6) Please note that neither paying the conference fee and attending the conference, nor submitting the paper guarantees publication – the decision is based solely on the positive reviews.
Please note that according to the Polyslav Association regulations everyone attended the annual Polyslav conference and paid the conference fee becomes a Polyslav Association member. One of the member’s privileges and obligations at the same time is taking part in the plenum, i.e. the annual meeting of all Polyslav members. During the meeting, decisions regarding the most important matters are made (e.g. the conference fee, reviewing and editing of the conference proceedings, regulations concerning the process of accepting conference applications, establishing the place of the next Polyslav conference).
You are welcome to forward this email to your colleagues or anyone who might also be interested. We expect your applications by no later than May 20, 2017.
Account name: POLYSLAV, o.s.
110 000 Praha 1
Na Perštýně 342/1
Current Accounting Number: 000000-1889134293
Bank code: 0800
IBAN: CZ38 0800 0000 0018 8913 4293
BIG (SWIFT): GIBACZPX
Please, reference your payment as Polyslav 2017 Novi Sad and your name